Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Lost in Music

Trying to get back into the habit of knitting. It's amazing how busy life gets in December. But I have a bunch of things I want to finish by March, so I'd better get cracking!

First, the fingerless mitts I'm making for Nina. These really ought to have been done by now, but I got sidetracked. Besides, the yarn is a hassle and a half to work with, so it's taking longer than expected. I've gotten one done now and am about a third of the way through the other. My goal is to finish this by January 19th when I see her next, and as long as I don't start procrastinating again that should be very easily achievable.

Next there's the "Lost in Music" cover-up Mixi asked me to make for her wedding. I'm honoured she'd want to wear something I've knitted for her wedding day, so of COURSE I have to finish this with plenty of time to spare. The pattern is a hassle and a half as it's done in purl only and me and purling not be friends, but fortunately the yarn more than makes up for it. I'm knitting this up in Grignasco Champagne which is a marino-silk blend and SO amazingly soft and wonderful to knit with!

No comments:

Post a Comment